Every year the HAY Center hosts a prom readiness event for foster youth. We want foster youth to have normal high school experiences including attending their high school prom. This event makes sure they have everything they need to feel special the night of their prom. Youth shop with volunteers from a variety of donated, gently-used prom clothing so they are able to wear exactly what they want. They are given fashion advice, makeovers, etiquette tips, and even learn a new dance so they leave ready for the big event.
Items needed can be gently used unless indicated new
For our Girls:
- Prom Dresses (new and gently used) – All sizes needed however, we are always in short supply of sizes 14-26.
- Jewelry Sets, Hair Accessories, Individual Jewelry items
- Evening Bags
- Evening Shoes – All sizes
- Make Up kits (must be new)
- Nail Polish (must be new)
For our Guys:
- Dark Suits – All sizes however, most of our boys are tall and slim!
- Gift Cards to K&G (most affordable) or Men’s Warehouse to purchase suits that are not donated
- White dress shirts/Tux Shirts all sizes (must be new)
- Bow ties and Ties
- Dark Socks
- Dress Shoes
- Cologne (must be new)
$25. 00 Restaurant Gift Cards for night of Prom
Chain restaurants work best due to the large geographical area we cover (Chili’s, Olive Garden, Pappas, etc.).